Saturday, August 20, 2011

Your life doesn't have to taste like raw eggplant

When I was young I didn't like the bitter taste of the eggplant. I didn't like lot things about my life and myself too. Then I grew up and later learned some lessons from my mistakes and examples from wise people. I understood that we have the life we choose to have. In my case my life had a taste of raw eggplant: bitter and no choices. This is was my blind imagination working against me. I couldn't see the reality and was always the victim.


Eggplant has very good taste if you know how to prepare. It is very healthy and good to control cholesterol. I learned how to make the eggplant taste good because I learned to give myself a chance to be happy. Like the eggplant we come to the world in a raw state. We need tools and creativity to transform this in a wonderful recipe. Life gives us all the tools we need. We have the free will to decide if we want be a recipe with a bitter taste or have a delightful experience. Enjoy my eggplant recipe!


Ingredients: 2 large eggplants ; 2 onions sliced; 3 cloves garlic crushed; 1 / 2 yellow bell pepper chopped; 1 egg lightly beaten; 2 cups of bread cumbers; salt to taste; parsley to taste; Olive oil to taste; Parmesan cheese.


Cut the eggplant into strips. Mix the onion, garlic, bell peppers and salt in a bowl. Dip the eggplant in the egg, then in the bread crumbs. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake the eggplant for 15 minutes at 375 degrees. Remove the eggplant from the oven and cover with the veggie mix. Drizzle parmesan cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.

No comments: